We’re Always Looking
As a full-service studio offering design, code, art and audio services to a range of A-list clients, recruiting new talent with fresh insights is essential to Shiny Shoe’s continued success. Talented developers love working with our team because we balance challenging consulting work for clients like Sony, Double Fine and Warner Brothers with time spent creating our own original games.
We work hard and value professionalism, but never forget that game development should always be satisfying and fun.
If you believe your gaming experience, skills and aesthetic matches Shiny Shoe’s approach, check out the job descriptions below.
Please submit applications via [email protected].
Gameplay and Engine Programmer
We’re seeking a talented, self-starting Gameplay and Engine Programmer to join our team! At Shiny Shoe, Programmers are expected to design, create, maintain and modify game features while frequently collaborating with team members from all disciplines. Some of our recent projects include Day of the Tentacle Remastered, The Banner Saga, and Grim Fandango Remastered.
Candidates should have a good understanding of code architecture, optimization strategies, and debugging. It’s also important that they understand what makes a game fun!
We do both original game development and client work. You will be expected to be able to deliver well designed, flexible, and performant code in both new games and existing codebases. As a small studio, every member of the team has the opportunity to own large features and have a significant impact on the end result.
- A minimum of 3 years experience building games.
- Experience programming in C++, C#, and other widely-used game programming languages.
- Understanding of 3D math – vectors, matrices, transformations, etc.
- Understanding of flexible code architectures that are easy to modify and extend.
- Flexibility in areas of work. You are willing and able to quickly learn new things and execute on many facets of game development.
- Own large game features from start to completion.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other programmers to build compelling experiences.
- Contribute creatively to our projects.
- Build tools to help content creators craft game content.
- Experience with the Unity engine.
- iOS and Android platform experience.
- PlayStation and/or Xbox platform experience.
- Tools programming and automation experience in languages such as Python.
Founded in 2011, Shiny Shoe develops games for mobile, console, and PC platforms. We strive to work on creative projects and on the types of games the team finds compelling. Trying to do things no one else has tried before is what gets us out of bed in the morning.
We are located a block away from Union Square in San Francisco, CA. Our office is near BART, MUNI, bus lines, and Caltrain for easy access.