We’re Always Looking
As a full-service studio offering design, code, art and audio services to a range of A-list clients, recruiting new talent with fresh insights is essential to Shiny Shoe’s continued success. Talented developers love working with our team because we balance challenging consulting work for clients like Sony, Double Fine and Warner Brothers with time spent creating our own original games.
We work hard and value professionalism, but never forget that game development should always be satisfying and fun.
If you believe your gaming experience, skills and aesthetic matches Shiny Shoe’s approach, check out the job descriptions below.
Please submit applications via [email protected].
Game Design/Community Management Intern
Shiny Shoe is seeking a part-time Game Design and Community Management Intern to assist in content creation and live events for their Mixer-exclusive game, Death’s Door: Aftermath. This is a paid position.
- Completed or pursuing degree in Game Design or related field
- Strong interest in creative writing for interactive media
- Familiarity with Twine, Yarn, or other interactive storytelling tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Write new events for the game that adhere to the established tone and style of the game
- Review game analytics and suggest design improvements for retention and engagement
- Use the game’s Dungeon Master tool to create unique live experiences for the game’s players
- Own and manage the game’s community DM program
- Document and prioritize community feedback on the game
- Research interactive experiences on streaming sites like Twitch, Mixer, YouTube Gaming, Facebook Live
- Additional game design tasks as needed
- Involvement in streaming communities (Twitch, MIxer, YouTube Gaming, Facebook Live) or other gaming communities on Reddit, Discord, etc.
- iOS and Android platform experience.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample here.
Founded in 2011, Shiny Shoe develops games for mobile, console, and PC platforms. We strive to work on creative projects and on the types of games the team finds compelling. Trying to do things no one else has tried before is what gets us out of bed in the morning.
We are located a block away from Union Square in San Francisco, CA. Our office is near BART, MUNI, bus lines, and Caltrain for easy access.